Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Death ofa dictator

On the 30th day of the 12th month in the year of our Lord 2006 the world rejoiced as man was hung by neck the until dead.

A truly proud moment for the Human race.

I do not dispute that fact that this man committed evil deeds, yet it is clear that that his trial was a mere formality a true mockery of what justice should stand for... Just because the whole world THINKS someone is evil should we do away fair trials.

I would have felt better if he was tried before an international tribunal. At least there the law is followed to the letter (or at least so it seems).

I don't know how I feel about the death penalty, there are times I support it and there are other times I feel its barbaric and it reduces us to the level of those who we wish to kill.

In either case I felt a bit repulsed with the way we all were glad that a human life was snuffed out.... It felt wrong.

No comments: