Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Take Care





I am a bit surprised with myself. From the first day Drake came on the scene I kinda liked his music but was immediately turned off by the way he sounded like Lil Wayne.

In spite of this I have found myself playing his last album, Take care, on repeat for 3 weeks now. I have yet to get tired of it. Now for those of you who still bother to listen to entire albums, you know how hard it is to find an album that has more than 3 songs that are worth listening to... and yet, against all odds, Drake has pulled it off. In fact, of the 20 tracks on the album, I only dislike 3 songs... Impressive!

I was wondering if my standards for music have fallen, but the truth is his productions are tight, his lyrics, though a bit more self centered than I'd like, are on point and more disturbingly, some of the songs resonate with me. For some reason they stir a general feeling of FTWDAMFS, and seems to be my music of choice when i am not in the best of moods.

If you dont know: FTWSAMFS = F* the world, Don't ask me for S*

Well done Drake.

No comments: