Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Crucify Him!

And It came to pass in the season of lent In the year of Our Lord 2007 a great hue and cry arose from the people as they saw their pitifully weak team crumble before the might of the world.

And as it is with such matters, the people cried for blood... Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

Him who? you may ask... alas it is none other than one of the 2 favorite scape goats of the WI; Sir Brian Charles Lara (the other being the WI cricket board)

I must admit at one time I too would have called for his head. However, I can no longer do so, I cannot blame the Crown Price of cricket, nor can I blame the 'dimwits' that make up our cricket board... no my fellow West Indians they are not to blame.

The Great Lara has proven himself over and over to be one of the best Batsmen to ever play the game.. He has (in recent years) shown a cool head and sensible leader ship.
As for the Board... well.. when given your pick of sh*t on must select the one the stinks the least...

However this method has backfired... as the entire cricketing team seems to carry the same stench of fickleness about them.

As you can guess by now that I blame the entire team. Their &#%$!!! level of playing in super 8 thus far has me feeling the need to have them all fired... Lara cannot be blamed.. he has tried and when he is out on the Pitch I see him make an impact on those around him as well as the flow of the game... however I refuse to believe these "PROFESSIONAL" sportsmen need "Godfather" Lara to hold their hands constantly to play a sensible game of cricket. No, they must be held accountable.

So in this season of lent.. lets not be quick to behead the king while we let the headless chickens around him run amok.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Is there anyone else that finds it strange that the WI had 3 matches back to back when, to my knowledge, no other team has had that stroke of 'luck'? Not saying that is an excuse, but still!

Unknown said...

The Windies sucks so bad it's hard to tell which of them is the worst.